Hey, I am still here!
It’s been a second, I know. I missed yall! I’ve been doing me – some “inside work” type of stuff … someone once said happiness is an inside job. I was busy reinventing my thoughts, reviewing my mentality and such. I had been in a funky mood, it’s good to take a break and check in with your own self, you know.
Seeing as it’s the turn of the season as well – what a perfect time to review Fall fashion trends?!? As a disclaimer, as always, I , very much, urge all of you to dress the way you feel, trends or not, season change or whatever … be true to your style and your personal mood. This is just to get ideas….
NYFW Street Trend: I couldn’t help but see the abundance of men-inspired wear while going through the pictures of this year’s fashion week.
What are your thoughts on these men-inspired wear? Any inspirations? Will you try to mix and fix your own look? Funny enough, last Fall and this Summer I put together some men inspired looks, I guess I was thinking ahead ( see below) The full posts are here, here and here
Style tips, Fall 2013
- Invest in a cool, show-stopper out-wear. It can be bold ( super white) fur, over-sized, or even have leather!
- If all else fails this season, throw on a beanie, it’s all over! I say get one bright color and a black.
- Invest in a classic print, Houndstooth had a strong presence on the runways, but don’t forget Plaid and of course Polka dots as an option as well.
- Pantone chose Emerald Green as the best color for this year. If you’re one of those that wanted to know what color is “in”. Play with this color!
- Lastly: layer, layer, layer. Layer jewelry, jackets, shirts etc …mix texture for interest.
P.S Military inspired looks by Prabal Gurung were awesome! Invest in a camo or that navy green color. Peplums are not dying off, I do encourage getting drunk in this trend. Do push yourself to style it in various ways! Other things I noticed are a lot of tailored looks, crop pants, sports wear, beanies, structured jackets, over-sized jackets – very preppy!
Mixup, Fixup, & Fall Trend.